Friday, September 24, 2010

If I haven't told you this before, I should have.

And I'm telling you now:

Lavender Essential Oil heals burns.

I mean it. I have a little vial by my stove and if I (or my children, husband or any friends) get burned, I dab some on. A friend who's been cooking professionally most of her life taught me this gem (all credit to Andra at Baja Taco).

First and foremost, it takes away the pain. Boom, gone. - like a miracle. Secondly, but less miraculously, it helps it heal. I say "less miraculously" only because most of my burns still blister, etc. But I think it goes faster and, very importantly, doesn't hurt.

The only caveat I would give is that it's very strong smelling stuff and you don't want to touch the food you're preparing with the hand you put it on until you've wiped if off and even then it lingers so be careful. In addition, if you taste food with that hand the smell of lavender will probably put you off eating it so use the other hand. I tend to burn my dominant hand (stands to reason) so I have to make this mistake once per application it seems. I hope you have a better memory.

You can buy it at most health food stores. Go now and get some, you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment